Soc: security operation center
What is a SOC?
The SOC or Security Operations Center is a service that tracks in real time the security and activities of a business’ systems in order to prevent, detect, correct and improve any irregularities.
How does a SOC work?
- Logs collection: collection of data resulting from the business’ networks, infrastructure, workstations, mobile devices and applications.
- Logs correlation: putting in context data collected from different sources and create alerts if any problems are detected.
- Generation of reports and dashboards that show the global security status of the business and help improve infrastructure security.
- Level 1 technicians: they handle basic security tasks.
- Level 2 technicians: they are in charge of interpreting security problems and implement more complex solutions.
- Level 3 technicians: they investigate new security threats and how to mitigate them, as well as performing forensic analysis when attacks occur to determine the real impact on infrastructure.
The SOC system has three main goals:
- Prevention: staying ahead of any threat by working in real time and receiving both internal and external data.
- Discovery: of vulnerabilities, cyberattacks or risky activities and behavior, ability to remediate them immediately.
- Correction: generating reports allows for a better understanding of the situation and its improvement or resolution.
Benefits of implementing a SOC
- Know where the business stands at in terms of security at any time.
- Global attacks prevention.
- Quick recovery and therefore continuity of the business
- Detecting users’ dangerous behavior
Benefits of hiring a SOC with mrHouston
- 24x7 security surveillance service
- Highly-qualified engineering team available