Virtualization and cloud
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing has been evolving, and nowadays it refers to IT services in the cloud: computing and storing of documents, software and data centers that are located and maintained in the facilities of an external provider.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE CLOUD?
- Cost saving since the initial investment is not too high because there is no need to install or maintain neither hardware nor software.
- Faster development of applications.
- Costs and financial risks reduction, particularly for startups.
- Mobility and better remote access
- Greater integration.
- Security ability to save our data in case of a disaster, to access our files anywhere and to hire storage as needed.
WHAT TYPES OF CLOUDS ARE THERE?
The user of the cloud service owns the resources and oversees their management.
The service provider owns the resources and the user only has the right to use them but is not involved at all in their management.
The user and the service provider both share ownership of the resources.
What cloud services does mrHouston provide?
DRAAS: DISASTER RECOVERY AS A SERVICE
It is the virtual storage of critical IT data with the aim of using it in case of emergency.
A replica or exact copy of critical data is hosted somewhere else in order to act as a functional backup of the systems. If a disaster takes place at the main location (floods, fires, etc.), the contingency site can be activated within minutes or hours at best (depending on size and complexity) so services are operative as quickly as possible.
Data is the new oil for businesses. Continuity of your services and business depends on availability of systems, databases, infrastructure…
Businesses do not need their own recovery infrastructure in case of disaster, and they do not need to allocate financial resources to its installation and maintenance either.
- Greater flexibility depending on the business requirements.
- Cost saving, since there is no need for purchasing software; it is a pay-per-use service, so the operating expenses vary.
- Faster recovery times.
IAAS (INFRASTRUCTURE AS A SERVICE)
The IaaS allows businesses to use web-based functioning systems, applications and storage; there is no need to buy, manage and support the underlying cloud infrastructure. The client, on the other hand, gets access to virtualized components to build their own IT platform.
mrHouston offers many IaaS options with different service levels and adapts to your needs:
- Managed virtualization services, such as VMware® and Microsoft Hyper-V®
- AWS and Microsoft Azure public clouds
- Private clouds
- Hybrid clouds
- Cost saving since there is no need for purchasing hardware; it is a pay-per-use service, so the operating expenses vary.
- Mobility and accessibility: the applications, data and other resources are available 24/7 if there’s an Internet connection.
- Fast implementation
- Physical security for the servers, hosted within a data center
- 24/7 assistance by our architecture consultants, cloud engineers, support staff and security experts.
DAAS (DESKTOP AS A SERVICE)
It enables us to combine the cloud’s flexibility with the ability to have desktops on the same network as the client. Additionally, it is possible to combine the VDI solution in the cloud and in appliance and use them together.
At mrHouston, we offer a flexible and profitable virtual desktop as a service infrastructure for your business.
- Pay-per-use. Clients pay for the services they receive. Their initial hardware investment is minimum and they can increase it or reduce it depending on their needs.
- Compatible with BYOD environments. DaaS is another tool for employees that use their own devices to work; it grants them access to their workstations through any browser or device.
- Promotes mobility. Given the increase in geographically diverse work places, DaaS is perfect for teleworkers and remote employees who generally need to access their workstations from multiple devices.
- Secure. Since data is hosted in the cloud and not in individual devices, clients’ data and intellectual property are safe from thefts and malpractices
PAAS (PLATAFORM AS A SERVICE)
Developers can build their applications without installing additional tools on their devices; this allows them to deploy their applications without having any specialized knowledge on management.
mrHouston is completely compatible with the main cloud platforms in the market so you can focus on designing and implementing applications instead of dealing with architecture, security or optimization problems. We will take care of everything else.
- When developing, you can forget about infrastructure (hardware, software, maintenance, etc.) and focus on innovation and development; the cost is also lower.
- Applications change status (analysis, development, test, documentation, operation) through a very simple process.
- Several developers share their knowledge.
- Initial purchasing or licensing costs are eliminated.
SAAS (SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE)
mrHouston’s SaaS hosting options include:
- A hybrid cloud that combines both the private and the public cloud with the environment.
- Private cloud.
- Public cloud.
We can also develop, migrate, create, test and back up your current applications.
- Lower software costs, since there is no initial investment or licensing or updating costs.
- The software does not require maintenance, since the provider will be responsible for it.
- Scalability as your business grows.
- Protection and security. All your data will be in the center in case there is a disaster.